Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
1. Analyze and state the communication process between people from different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in international and domestic settings.
2. Explore cultural self-awareness, other cultural awareness, and the dynamics that arise in interactions between the two.
3. Differentiate communication processes among cultures.
4. Identify challenges arising from the differences in intercultural interactions and learn ways to creatively address them.
5. Discover the importance of roles of context and power in studying intercultural communication.
6. Acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes that increase intercultural competence